Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Testing, 1, 2...

Welcome to my vegan cooking blog!

Wow, where to start? I guess I'll tell you why I decided to start this blog. There are a lot of great cookbooks and blogs out there for vegans, and I own or read a lot of them myself. But I've noticed that if you're short on time or live in an area where some vegan staples are hard to find, figuring out what to eat day-to-day can still be a chore.

That's our situation: we live in a small city in southern Ontario where vegan meat and dairy items are increasingly hard to come by; and while I enjoy cooking neither of us likes to spend a lot of time preparing food on a daily basis. So I've decided to post what we do eat in the hopes that it will give others like us some ideas, and maybe inspire myself in the process.

I don't invent the recipes for everything we eat, but I will make every effort to post a recipe, a link, or other instructions for how to make the meals I'll post here. I don't claim to be the most innovative or skilled chef (check out the links to the left for people who are both, though), but we eat well and we eat every day, sooo....

No comments: